NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
LAST UPDATED: March 18, 2019
Leatherman NZ recognises that you care about how information about you is used and shared and respects your privacy. This notice of privacy practices (“Notice”) informs you of how information is collected on and through this Leatherman website, located at https://www.leatherman.co.nz (the “Website”), how we may use the information and with whom we may share it. This Notice also describes (i) the measures we take to safeguard the information we collect and (ii) your rights concerning our collection, use and disclosure of information about you. Information collected on or through this Website may be collected by Leatherman NZ or by third-party service providers acting on our behalf. The term “we,” as used in this Notice, may include our third-party service providers.
Updates to this Notice. We may update this Notice to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices from time to time. If we make changes, we will revise the “Last Updated” legend at the top of this Notice. Any material changes to this Notice will be posted on the Website and we encourage you to check back from time to time to ensure continuing familiarity with the most current version of the Notice.
General Audience Website. Services offered by Leatherman NZ are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13). Leatherman NZ does not knowingly collect personal information (as defined below) from individuals under thirteen (13) years of age. No information should be submitted to or posted to the Website by visitors younger than thirteen (13) years old.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information is information that identifies you as an individual. We collect personal information, such as name, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, email address, birthdate, payment information (including payment card number or online payment service number) and related information. The personal information you provide will vary based upon the context, and we will not collect your personal information unless you make it available. Much of the Website is accessible without providing any personal information. As a result, you do not have to provide personal information to us to visit our Website. However, in order to set up an account, place an order or to take advantage of certain features of the Website, such as product registration or to sign up for newsletters, we may require that you furnish personal information. If you do not provide your personal information, you will not be able to use these areas or features of the Website.
From time to time, we may give you the opportunity to participate in online surveys, promotions, contests and sweepstakes, subscribing to newsletters and other offerings through the Website. If you participate in these or other requests made available through the Website, we will request certain information from you. By providing your personal information to us, you grant us permission to use this information consistent with this Notice and to contact you about selected products, services, and events and to provide to you other information we think may interest you. Your provision of requested personal information to us through the Website or other means is presumed by us to be voluntary and with your consent to the uses described in this Notice.
In addition, you may provide information about another person on or through this Website. For example, you must provide information about another person when you request that we ship an order to another person. If you provide information about a person other than yourself, you represent and warrant that you are authorised by that person to provide this information to us.
When you visit the Website, certain anonymous information regarding use of the Website or the services is collected and/or aggregated by or on behalf of Leatherman NZ through the use of automated means. The information collected automatically may include information about your visit to, and use of, the Website, such as your IP address, type of browser and operating system used, date and time you access the Website, pages you visit, search engine used to access the Website, and if you linked to the Website from another website, the address of that website. This information does not include personal information and is not treated as personal information under this Notice. Like many other websites, we may collect information using cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and related technologies. “Cookies” are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on a computer’s hard drive for the purpose of identifying the browser during interaction on websites or storing information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
We may also allow certain third-party analytics providers to include cookies and web beacons within the pages of the Website to collect information regarding how visitors use the Website and the effectiveness of the Website to help us improve and optimise the Website and products and services we offer.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of the Website may not function properly or at all as a result.
How We May Use the Information We Collect. We use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- for our business purposes, such as establishing and managing your customer account, providing products and services you request (such as processing and shipping orders and sending order and shipping confirmations), processing and collecting payments and providing customer support, and to send you important administrative communications regarding the Website;
- to offer our products or services and/or the products or services of others to you;
- to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions;
- to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analysing the effectiveness of products, services, and the Website;
- to perform data analyses, including market and consumer search, trend analysis, demographic analysis, and financial analysis; and
- to comply with applicable legal requirements, to enforce our policies and terms of service and to protect the Website and its users.
We use non-personally identifiable information collected through automated means for purposes such as: (1) customising visits to the Website based on observable user preferences and actions; (2) delivering content (including advertising) correlating to our users’ interests based on the ways in which our users interact with the Website; (3) to perform data analyses, including market and consumer search, trend analysis, demographic analysis, and financial analysis; (4) diagnosing technical and service problems; and (5) administering the Website.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers. Google Analytics does not identify users or associate your IP address with any other data held any Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Read more about how Google uses data when you use our site: https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners
Information We Share. Except with your consent or as described in this Notice, we do not sell or otherwise share personal information collected on this Website with third parties. We may share and disclose your personal information to third parties in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our Affiliates so long as the disclosure and use of your personal information by such entities is consistent with this Notice.
- Service Providers. We may engage third parties to provide the services offered through this Website on our behalf, or other services with us for example, website development, order fulfillment, payment processing and collection, website hosting, credit verification and monitoring, and e-mail administration. We use a third-party service provider to send emails and newsletters to users and customers. We use a third party service provider to operate surveys and product evaluations and to collect information on our behalf in connection with those surveys. In such cases, we require such providers to maintain your personal information as confidential and to use the information only to perform the services specified by us in a manner consistent with this Notice.
- Surveys/Sweepstakes/Contests/Promotions. If you participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion in connection with the Website or order placed through the Website, such participation serves as your consent for Leatherman NZ to share your personal information collected in conjunction with the survey, sweepstakes, contest or promotion with the third party for administration of the survey or promotion and use in accordance with the terms provided with the promotion or survey.
- Other. We may share or disclose information, including personal information, to: (i) protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property of Leatherman NZ and our Affiliates; (ii) protect the rights, interest and safety and security of users of our website or members of the public; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with prudent legal practice as we may determine, applicable law or legal process. In addition, if we sell all or substantially all of our business, or sell or transfer all or a material part of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings), we may transfer all information we have collected and stored, including your personal information, to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
We may sell or share non-personally identifiable data, including anonymized data derived from personal information collected from the Website, with third parties, including our Affiliates, dealers, marketing businesses and lead generation businesses, for any purpose.
Advertising Networks. We may work with advertising networks that deliver targeted advertisements to consumers and generate statistics and metrics related to the delivery of such advertisements using information collected through cookies, web server logs and web beacons. This information is used to provide customization, auditing, research and reporting for us, our Affiliates and other advertisers. This data collection takes place both on this Website and on third-party websites that participate in the advertising networks. We do not provide any personal information to an advertising network when you interact with or view a customized advertisement. However, when you view or interact with an advertisement, the possibility exists that the advertiser will make the assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisements.
We do not provide any Personal Information to an advertising network when you interact with or view a customised advertisement. However, when you view or interact with an advertisement, the possibility exists that the advertiser will make the assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisements.
Your Choices; Accessing and Modifying Your Personal Information. You are able to make certain choices about how we communicate with you and the information we collect from you and share with third parties. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails, or contacting us via our “Contact Us” form. You may still receive service oriented, administrative communications from us as you cannot opt-out of receiving such administrative communications.
Subject to applicable law, you may obtain a copy of certain personal information we maintain about you or update or correct inaccuracies. If you believe that personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as using the form on our ‘Contact Us’ page. We will endeavor to implement requested changes as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving your request. We reserve the right to retain any personal information reasonably necessary to document our business activities and for archival and record retention purposes.
Data Security. We maintain administrative and technical security measures designed to safeguard personal information in our possession against unauthorised use, disclosure, or modification. Despite these measures, we cannot guarantee the security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf or that the information you transmit to Leatherman NZ over the Internet will not be intercepted, deleted or altered.
How to Contact Us. If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us via our Contact Us form.